Many years ago a Broadway actor taught me a trick using our Tortuga. In those early days I did not know that most actors prefer not to use abrasive facial scrubs. She told me that she uses our Tortuga lotion to exfoliate her skin by slowly massaging the lotion into her skin, letting it sit for 30 minutes and then lightly rinsing it off with cool water.
Try this recipe to remove the outer layer of dead skin on your face by emulsifying it with Tortuga Lotion and a simple massage with your fingers. It really works and your skin will look radiant.
Keys DIY – Non Abrasive Facial Exfolient
Recipe Type: Facial Emulsifier
This is a simple recipe to liquify surface dead skin and deep moisturize your skin.
- 2, pumps Tortuga Lotion
- Wet you face
- Pump Keys Tortuga Lotion twice into the palm of your hand.
- Apply to your entire face using a circular massaging motion of your fingers.
- Massage the entire face spending extra time on dry areas.
- Keep massaging until you feel a buildup on your fingers. This is the dead skin emulsifying.
- Let sit on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Air or pat dry.
- No need to moisturize.
You may need more Tortuga if your face is extremely dry or you are in dry weather. You will start to feel the dead skin pill up under your fingers after a few minute of massaging.[br][br]Spread lightly around the eyes and avoid any deep massaging around sensitive delicate eye tissue.