Avo Jel – The Alternative To Petroleum Jelly!
When we designed Avo Jel to be a vegan replacement for petroleum jelly, we quickly realized that it would not only replace petroleum jelly, but would add more things that is could do because it is avocado oil jelly. Yes, you can replace your petroleum jelly with Avo Jel and you can use it for many more uses because it does not have the impurities associated with crude oil based jellies. So, it is better and better for you!
Below are some uses for the sports enthusiast. Runners, bikers, swimmers and surfers have all been telling us how they use Avo Jel. Here are just a few.
So the first main benefit to keep in mind with Avo Jel is that it is made from the highest grade avocado oil available. So, no impurities, no petroleum and all the added benefits of this vegan alternative.
Sports Uses for Avo Jel:
Here are a few uses that our customers have shared with us. Find your own uses and let us know.
- Avo Jel is very effective in quickly reducing chapping. Petroleum jelly is good at coating the lips to prevent windburn, dryness and will not sweat off. Avo Jel does the same, but adds the Omega fatty acids and oil that helps to repair the lips as well. So, it is great before, during and after a race.
- Avocado Oil is a mild sunscreen and will not sting the eyes like chemical sunscreens. Rub it lightly around the eye lids and you will gain some protection and the softening effect of avocado oil. You can layer Avo Jel over a zinc based sunscreen as well to gain even more protection.
- Chafing during an event and afterwards is a huge problem. Layering AvoJel on these areas before going out prevents chafing, but unlike petroleum jelly, Avo Jel is a true moisturizer
- Rash Guard
- Pollution Protection
- Surfers know that there is a lot of bacteria and pollutants in many popular surf spots warranting a dowse of a bleach mixture to prevent disease. Runners in places like New York City come back from a run and when the wipe their face, see black suit on the washcloth. Sorry to say that these are not extreme occurrences or one-off’s. Hydrocarbons and other pollutants are everywhere, so dabbing Avo Jel around the face and soft skin areas will help act as a barrier to pollutants.
- A high percentage of outdoors enthusiasts have allergies and run with drugs like Zyrtec and Claratin. These are effective, but also raise the question of drowsiness and performance inhibiting. Runners and bikers have told us that they dab a Q-Tip with Avo Jel and gently swab it inside each nostril. The AvoJel collects pollen and other allergens before they enter the upper nose. The theory is maximum performance using a simple concept.
- Some people are just plain allergic to petroleum jelly because it is crude oil based. Not true with Avo Jel because is is avocado oil based. Plus, you get the Omega fatty acids benefits as well.
- Water Repellent
- Avo Jel is as water repellant as petroleum jelly, but without the petroleum.
- Goggles – Seal
- One great irritation in triathlons are leaking goggles. Petroleum jelly can degrade the soft plastic on some higher end goggles. Layering a thin layer on the soft mantle of the goggles will help prevent leaking without harming the goggles themselves.
- The secondary benefit is the irritation that sometimes occurs from the goggle rubbing against the soft tissue around the eyes. Often people complain that their eye tissue becomes inflamed. AvoJel soothes.
- Leash Strap
- A lot of work goes into the design of a surfers leash strap to hold tight and not chafe. Holding tight is much more important, but by using Avo Jel, it will help to minimize chaffing around the ankle while also acting as a barrier for bacteria and pollutants.
- Chemical barrier
- Chemical sunscreens work by converting UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays into heat. By using Avo Jel over top, we have found empirical evidence that it helps chemical based sunscreens last longer. Conversely, if you are being exposed to chemicals on your equipment, AvoJel will also act as a barrier.
- Chap Guard
- It is fairly obvious that dryness, the sun, air and other environmental effects will quickly chap your lips. Other areas of soft tissue can also chap. Avo Jel offers superior protection and the Omega fatty acids will help to keep soft tissue youthful looking.
- Runners and bikers tell us that they layer Avo Jel on their feet two days before a race by slipping on socks after a good coating. This make the skin soft and if you have calluses, it will soften them reducing cracking and bleeding.
- Deter blisters by rubbing Avo Jel inside shoes or on feet before using compression socks.
- Consider Keys Feet & Hands as an alternative to Avo Jel. It contains menthol which is stimulating and has some indications that it effects acupressure points.
- Avocado oil is a natural hair conditioner and styler. In Jel form, it also protects the hair from drying from the sun and cracking from pollutants. Slick your hair back and look fast standing still.
The uses for Avo Jel in the sports world keep adding daily. These are just a few of the uses that we have heard from fans. If you can use petroleum jelly for something, you can use Avo Jel. Plus, it is better for you because it is made from Avocado oil and not petroleum. Avo Jel is just one of six avocado oil based jellies designed to replace drug store petrolatum based products. To learn more about all the Keys Alternative Naturals™ products, Click Here!
For more information about Avo Jel, Click Here
Click the buy button to go to our store. $9.95 for 60ml
Use the CODE*: GOAVO (case sensitive) to get 10% off at Checkout
*Offer expires September 30, 2016