RediCare – Healing Spray and Natural Insect Repellent for People and Their Pets!
Miracle product? Could Be!
RediCare is certainly, a product that has touched so many people and pets in a positive way that we just had to write this article.
Keys RediCare offers solutions to skin disorders, internal disorders that cause the skin to react, itch and breakdown. For sunburns, burns and scrapes, RediCare performs equally as well. RediCare is a natural insect repellent and much more. It all begins with the story of how RediCare became such a universal product. It was born from inspiration, a natural disaster and the people and the animals that suffered from exposure to chemicals, poisons, exposure and pollutants.
The Keys RediCare story is as important as what the product does for people and pets today. Born as a result of Hurricane Katrina, the early search and rescue teams came back with skin disorders, poison ivy outbreaks, raw skin, burned chemically and from the sun. The irritations were both visible and wide spread. The search and rescue team members, handlers and their dogs were suffering long after the weeks they spent in waist deep water that was polluted with gasoline, industrial chemicals, natural toxins, waste and everything imaginable. Members of the Chesapeake Search & Rescue Team caring about their dogs reached out to Keys for help in healing the multitude of skin problems their dogs were experiencing. Initially using Tortuga lotion, the relief was almost instantaneous. The handlers asked for a spray so that the large areas of outbreaks could be covered. Then they asked for more healing properties for chemical burns and tremendous itching the dogs were experiencing. The rest was history and we developed RediCare for the dogs. It was a short time later that the handlers realized that it worked for them as well. Over the years, we have received countless stories from people about how RediCare helped them and their family members.
RediCare for Dogs! Repels Fleas, Ticks, Mosquitoes and 200 other insects
RediCare was originally developed for the search and rescue dogs returning from Katrina as a healing spray for their skin disorders. That is only a part of the power of RediCare.
For our customers whose dogs do not have skin issues or who have dogs that are allergic to many insect bites, RediCare use RediCare for two major reasons.
- RediCare repels over 200 insects that include Fleas, Ticks, Mosquitoes, Fly’s, Gnats and Ear Mites
- They also use RediCare if their pet has received bites from insects to reduce swelling and itching.
Many of our professional dealers and customers tell us that they have replaced their insecticides with RediCare to protect their dogs from insects without the harsh chemicals used in many flea & tick collars and topical flea & tick products.
One of our dealers on Cape Cod reports that RediCare has been effective in repelling ticks on the Cape. This is an area well known for massive tick colonies. Another professional pet tracker also reports that she uses RediCare for her dog and herself when hunting for lost dogs. Her reports are no Insect on her dog or her.
The Neem and Karanja oil manufacturers that we purchase from in India toll the number of insects that the combination repels as over 200 crawling and flying insects. Neem has shown to be most powerful for crawling insects like fleas and ticks while Karanja oil focuses on flying insects.
Our Redipellent™ is a combination of Lemongrass, Red Thyme and Peppermint Essential Oils. This combination has also shown to kill lice and repel a myriad of insect. Neem, Karanja and Redipellent™ makeup the majority of the ingredients in RediCare measured by volume.
Keys has been testing a natural alternative to products like Frontline and Advantage for more than two years. The results have been good, but studies are not complete. The product in test uses the same insect repelling ingredient as RediCare in a much higher concentration.
All of the above is true for people as well.
RediCare for other Animals
We have reports from our customers that use RediCare on their animals as well as dogs. These include horses, ferrets, reptiles, birds and even cats. We actually do not recommend any products for cats as they are a self grooming species, we have numerous reports of repelling both flying and crawling insect that affect other animals besides dogs. Always try a small amount before using en mass any products to see if the animal has an allergic reaction. To date, we have heard no such allergies to RediCare.
The Science Behind RediCare
RediCare is very special because it is actually a sprayable lotion. Open the top and RediCare is the consistency of a thick soup. The advanced engineering technology of the trigger sprayer turns the lotion into a fine mist covering large areas. Touch the sprayer handle lightly and it delivers a spot amount of lotion that can be rubbed into the skin. This unique delivery systems created a long list of uses for the pharma grade ingredients that are in therapeutic proportions.
RediCare started as a natural soothing lotion and quickly became a product that integrated ancient remedies from native Americans, Australian aboriginals, Ayurvedic practitioners from India and rainforest herbalists as well as some very advanced scientific techniques to manufacture and package RediCare. Add that the specifications for each ingredient had to be the highest quality and in proportions that are effective. Efficacy is a keyword when describing RediCare. This is a product that is anything but conventional and we hear time and again from our customers that it works!
The engineering objective for RediCare was as a fast relief broad spectrum spray that would address many skin conditions created by a harsh environment. For people and pets, RediCare had to be a product that works fast, lasts long and has a reversal of conditions like chemical induced dermatitis, burns, sap like natural poisons and disorders caused by illness. From the beginning we realized that it had to be a universal product that did many things, but we did not know or realize how many. The fact that RediCare repels an estimated 200 insects and has been reported to kill lice was a bonus in disguise. So, to understand RediCare, you must understand the ingredients, why we chose them and what they do.
RediCare Ingredients and what they do
- Neem Oil – Therapeutic grade imported from India, it is well known by ayurvedic practitioners as a very broad spectrum solution for many skin outbreaks as well as soothing burns. It is well known as a natural antiseptic, antimicrobial,
anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic oil. It is also known as a repellent for insects that crawl like, fleas and ticks.
- Karanja Oil – Also ayurvedic in origin, it is a symbiotic plant associated with Neem. It is a broad spectrum repellent for flying insects like mosquitoes as well as being a natural antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antiparasitic like Neem
- Avocado Oil is a Keys staple and has proven to soothe burns, skin irritations and disorder. Its core natural benefits are a form of natural retinol (not to be confused with the exfoliant of the same name), A, B-Complex C, E vitamins
- Black Cumin Oil is legendary and dates back to ancient Egypt as one of the main natural medicines. Today we now know why it works is because of the concentration of A, B1, B2, C, vitamins Niacin and Calcium
- Carrot Seed Oil is often called the miracle oil for skin by naturopaths because of a concentration of vitamins A, C, B1 and B2
- Blood Orange Essential Oil from Trinidad provides anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and bactericidal properties naturally
- Clary Sage Essential Oil is legendary at how quickly it affects changes in skin conditions from multiple irritants. Antiseptic, astringent and a bactericide, it was brought to us by Native American natural healers as their secret ingredient to help the skin.
- Redipellent™ is a special combination of peppermint oil, red thyme oil and lemongrass essential oil. These are pharma grade and when combined enhance the insect repellent properties of both the Neem and Karanja oil. We believe this combination unlocks the effectiveness of RediCare as a natural insect repellent.
- Shea Butter that is unrefined and only filtered provides vitamins A, F & E. Natural high fatty acid level Shea Butter provides RediCare with the properties of a moisturizer, antioxidant and a mild sunscreen.
”When I first saw the after effects of Hurricane Katrina on a search and rescue dog named Tye, I thought what a sweet dog and so hurt from his efforts to save people in New Orleans. Katrina was close to me because of so many friends that lived there. I just knew we had to do something. I thought then that it was great that we would create a product for pets to help with insect bites, burns and chemical irritations. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever think how broad a product it would be or how many uses people would find for it! I really never imagined how many people it would touch in a great way and from all age groups, pets, dogs, cats, horses and me.” Wendy Steele Keys CEO
How To Use!
RediCare is a sprayable lotion. Shake it thoroughly and pull the trigger hard to create a fine mist. For pets,as an insect repellent, spray under the body, on the legs and on the back to help repel insects. For use around the face, first spray on your hands and then rub around the snout, ears and neck. For people, pull the trigger hard to create a fine mist for large areas of skin, avoiding the eyes as RediCare will sting and migrate into the eyes. For the face, first spray the hands and wipe around the face, neck and hair line. Also spray on clothes and shoes near the ankles to repel crawling insect. Please note that we have not tested RediCare on all fabric types, but we have not received any reports of staining. Used as a skin and hair conditioner, spray sparingly as a fine mist and massage in. As a spot solution for burns, skin problems, cuts and abrasions, lightly pull the trigger to apply a small amount to a specific area.
Uses and Functions
- Natural Insect repellent for flying and crawling insects
- Natural skin therapy for burns and sunburns
- Helps with skin irritations caused by chemicals, pollutants and allergens
- Reported to relieve dry patchy itchy areas associated with internal disorders like diabetes, shingles and chemotherapy induced dry skin
- Natural afterbath skin conditioner and anti-itch remedy
- Light moisturizing sprayable body lotion
- Reported to help with skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and chemical induced dermatitis
- Helps heal scrapes, abrasions and minor cuts
- Natural spray-in leave-in hair conditioner
- Anti-itch and natural anti-inflammatory for insect bites like bees, fire ants and non poisonous spiders
Keys RediCare has shown to have many uses with little to no side effects that we have heard about. RediCare is a natural product with many ancient ingredients that have been reported to help with many skin conditions. RediCare should not be used to replace prescription products prescribed by a doctor. It is however, a natural alternative to many products containing chemicals and may have a positive effect on many disorders when caught early. Developed as a natural healing product for chemical burns and as an insect repellent, the uses of RediCare have broadened beyond our purview.
We invite people to add their experiences and uses to our website in our “questions answered” area of the Clean Green Café at www.CleanGreenCafe.com
RediCare is listed on the Skin Deep Report from www.safecosmetics.org with a rating of 0.0 on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is safe and 10 unsafe
RediCare has shown to not permanently stain fabrics. We have not tested RediCare on all fabrics, so there is no guarantee that it will not stain.
Tip 1: Daily Insect Repellent For People and Pets RediCare has been shown effective in repelling a large variety of crawling and flying insects. Spray it all over, while avoiding the face. For use on and around face, spray on hands and spread around the face avoiding the eye area. In heavy insect infested areas, spray before going out every time. For less problematic areas, initially spray everyday for a few days and then less frequently or as needed and before going outside.
Tip 2: For Large Patchy Dry Areas Diabetics, post cancer recovery patients and others experiencing large areas of dryness, itching and irritation, our customers have reported relief using RediCare. Avoiding the eyes, shake RediCare well and pull the trigger hard to create a fine mist on the affected area. No need to rub, RediCare will spread evenly providing relief from the dryness, itching and irritation.
Tip 3: RediCare as a Skin & Hair Conditioner When my skin is dry, especially in winter months or when I am in the southwest US, my skin is very dry, flaky and itchy. When I get out of the shower, I use RediCare to spray on after I have toweled off. I also spray a fine mist on my hair, avoiding the eyes, as a natural leave-in hair conditioner. I have short hair which is thick but fine, so I spray a fine mist on my hair and rub it into my scalp. Then I blow dry leaving the RediCare in. I love it and it does not affect colored or treated hair.